Thursday, July 7, 2011

Give Up

I think all of us at one point of our lives or another have been attacked with this feeling.
"Just give up"
Whether we want to give up or not is beside the point.
The problem can be big or small, complicated or simple, but when things become too much for a person
that temptation always starts whispering promises full of seduction for when you do give up.
Lately the feeling of stress has been overwhelming and taking up too much of my time.
I can't sit down at the piano and play, nor can I even uphold a normal conversation.
All the while I am trying to pull myself out of this thinking "What's wrong with you? Do something about it"
Yet my body won't let me.
I feel as though this is what it kinda feels like to be going through a very slow stroke.
I feel as if I am losing control of what I say, or even what I want to say.
My ability to get out bed in the mornings has diminished, and my ability to stay awake during the day is pathetic.
All the while that tempting suggestion is whispering like clockwork.
Every minute, every time I find something difficult, every time I don't want to deal with something.
"Just give up"

The stress is coming from a number of things, both internal and external and it has become too problematic for me to express them all at once.
It feels as if my brain has been scrambled up and served on a platter.
The only thing I even know what to do is go through a daily routine at this point.
Probably the reason why I am trying to write things down.
Even thinking of expressing myself in words is a bit difficult at the moment, but I'm forcing myself to the best I can.
I'm not sure, but I think I have an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment