Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An Important Message that Should be Spread, Every day of your Life

Whilst going through the videos of the many people I am subscribed to on Youtube,
I came across this video.
This Youtuber is one whom I have closely followed for a little while now, both on Youtube and on DeviantArt.
A truly beautiful soul, but like with many beautiful souls, there is a painful story which made them who they are today.
This person has fought for equality and spread his message about the importance of acceptance among everyone, despite which community they identify with, despite how they were born, despite how they look, for many years now.
He in fact identifies as being a transgendered individual,
and he is a fantastic and intelligent individual.
I think every one of us has gone through it, that is, being judged by the way we look, instead of being given the chance to prove to others that there is an infinite amount that they cannot see with their eyes.
I, just like many others, was tormented for attempting to express myself.
Locked in bathrooms, food thrown at me, tripped in hallways, threatening notes shoved in my locker,
and why?
Well, I started to wear blue lipstick around campus in the 6th grade as well as pairing up my plain white and blue uniform with fishnets.
But...this cannot ever measure up to the story this individual tells of another.
Because unlike me, who could have simply worn normal clothes and normal makeup, he could have never changed the way he was shaped without agony and expenses.

These horror stories, these judgmental people, and the people who are victimized, are the people we should be more aware of in our daily lives.
I know that sometimes, it is very difficult to not be hypocritical,
but hold your tongue before you judge, because I bet you wouldn't survive a mile in their shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment