Monday, April 25, 2011

Blogger Award and Other Things Meant For Pondering

So a lovely young lady has nominated me for the "Versatile Blogger Award"
as to what this means? Well to be honest I am not really sure.
But I am honored none the less.
So.
                                             According to these written rules, I am required to:
                                            1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
                                                2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
                                       3. Pass the award onto fifteen of your favorite bloggers
                                     4. Contact your nominees to let them know about the award.

So first off
For nominating me.

And now for some seven random facts. hmmm what can I disturb my lovelies with...
tee hee
1.) I am a mutt. I consist of being: (In order from most to least)
On my mother's side: Japanese, Spanish, Mexican
On my father's side: Irish, German, English, Cherokee Native American (<- that one I just found out about)

2.) My absolute dream job is to work in the LA crime labs as the head serrologist.
For those of you who do no know what serrology is, it is blood spatter interpretation and analysis on crime scenes.

3.) My forensics teacher from highschool, Elizabeth Devine, was the previous head of the blood department and is very well known in the forensics world and also was one of the writers for the show CSI.
(When I say writers, I don't mean of the sucky lines the actors had, but rather the true stories from which most of the episodes are based off of)
My best friend and I also graduated being her favorite students.

4.) I am a bibliophile.
My favorite works being that of
1984, Brave New World, The Divine Comedy, Interview with the Vampire,Servant of the Bones, Wuthering Heights, Vitorio the Vampire, Shadowmancer, The Canterberry Tales, Hamlet, As I lay Dying, Sense and Sensibility, Macbeth, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Candide, Alice Adventures in Wonderland,        The Asylum (duh)
Beowulf, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Faust (Absolute Favorite!)
The Satanic Bible, and selected works from the Bible, especially Corinthians and Revelations
There are tons more but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

5.) I am obsessed with my Irish blood. It has been traced back I believe to a couple of different tribes. From where specifically, I do not know, but I believe that my ancestors spoke Gaelic and Gaulish from what I have been told. Since Gaelic isn't completely dead, I someday hope to go to Ireland and be immersed into the language and culture. Unfortunately only 1% of the people in Ireland still speak it as their first language, but that still leaves many people to learn it from.
Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Gaulish. Most records of the language have been lost.
But this band still has some phrases in their songs that are sung in Gaulish. It is truly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msRy4vcSX4k

6.) I have a love for all music, especially choral music.
Although I have never considered myself good at singing, I am still very proud of the highschool choir I was in.
A small clip of me singing is here
http://www.youtube.com/user/amindofmyownhere?feature=mhum#p/u/37/PX6m15zDAlM
It's not very good but it's a song I still like singing
( Im a sucker for Disney movies )

7.) And lastly, I have a bra that is signed by Emilie Autumn.
I have it hanging on my wall, her handwriting is beautiful.

Now as far as tagging goes, I do not follow all too many blogs that fit the category so I will post which ones I think fit the description.
http://gothincollege.blogspot.com/
http://adorabatbrat.blogspot.com/
http://cheshiredevine.blogspot.com/
and once again thankyou
http://lace-and-drippingribbons.blogspot.com/
I have tagged you back out of affection
<3




 

1 comment: